The mission of Hinds Hospice is to uphold the dignity and ease the suffering of the terminally ill while supporting their loved ones, and those who are grieving.
Require that we pursue excellence and act ethically, professionally, respectfully, compassionately and with integrity.
The Hinds Hospice vision is to be recognized as the premier provider of comprehensive, compassionate end-of-life care, and specialized grief support services, accessible to all.
The philosophy of Hinds Hospice is based on our sacred call to serve the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who have a life-limiting illness and those who are grieving. Through our services and with a strong social conscience we believe in:
- Striving to provide comfort, hope and companionship on their sacred journey by affirming their dignity and honoring the wishes of both the patient and the family.
- Maintaining a community of respect and support for our staff and volunteers.
- Responding to the critical need for education on end-of-life issues.
- Raising the community's awareness regarding choices for care, support and bereavement.
- Sharing our hearts and experience with those having the greatest of needs throughout the global community.